I finally purchased some Sun Warrior protein powder. I’ve never really been into protein powders but I needed the vanilla flavour for a chocolate recipe that I am making. In the past most of the powders I had used were soy based and left a really strong after taste.
Sun Warrior is raw whole grain brown rice protein powder. It is gluten free, soya free, dairy free and 80% protein.
The vanilla flavour is really lovely and makes for a filling smoothie.
For this smoothie:
1 scoop of protein powder
At least 1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of grounded chia seeds
Bananas (frozen or unfrozen and as many as you care for)
1 probiotic capsule (I used Truflora).
It helps to blend the water, protein powder and spinach until smooth and then slowly add the rest.
Don’t forget to share with any little people in the house. Kids love green smoothies and the sooner you can make them a regular part of their lives, the better 🙂
Celery doesn’t really get a huge rap. People find it bland and often stringy, but juiced or blended into your smoothie those two factors are irrelevant.
Why bother you ask? Because it is seriously good for you – just make sure you buy organic.
Some of the health benefits include:
* Celery reduces inflammation. Great for joint pain, asthma and acne.
* It’s calming as it contains magnesium, so eat it to soothe your nervous system and help you sleep better. A great snack to eat at night.
* It helps regulate the alkaline in your body and aids with digestion because of it’s insoluble fibre content.
* It contains “good” salts. Yes, celery does contain sodium, but it is not the same thing as table salt. The salt in celery is organic, natural and essential for your health.
* Raw organic, whole celery reduces high blood pressure.
Try some in your next smoothie.
This mornings breakfast smoothie contained:
3 sticks of organic celery
1 cup of frozen raspberries
3 large organic bananas
3 frozen organic bananas
You’ll need: Blender
2-3 frozen bananas
Almond milk (homemade) or water
Blend liquid of choice with the bananas and kale. Don’t use too much liquid because you want it nice thick. (unless of course you don’t like it thick 😀 ) Pour and sprinkle with hemp and nibs. Too easy!
Tip: If you find kale to be too bitter for your taste, de-stem the leaves first.