I made these for the first time today. I made 10 but in hindsight, I should of made less in order to have a thicker base. I used paper cupcake cups and put them in a muffin tin to help keep the shape.
For the Crust
1 cup almonds
1 cup pitted, organic medjool dates
For the Filling
3 cups blueberries
2 teaspoons of acai berry powder (optional)
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons fresh organic apple juice
2 teaspoons ground organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of celtic salt
6 tablespoons melted cacao butter
Instructions: For the Crust
1. Grind both ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of water if the mixture is too crumbly.
3. Press the crust into your cups. Set aside…
Instructions: For the Filling
1. Combine all the ingredients except the cacao butter,and blend really well – until completely smooth.
2. Add the butter and blend again.
3. Pour the mixture over the crust(s)
4. Chill in the freezer until firm.
5. Garnish with blueberries, nibs or something you love.